As a Gundam beginner, the common questions most likely will be like
1) What is the size or scale?
2) How can I differentiate it?
That is why OMG decided to do a quick reference chart for you all.
Photo Source: Gunpla Navigation Catalogue 2016
|Scales and Grades||Details|
- SD/SDEX - Super Deformed/Super Deformed EX-Standard
- no particular scale
- unique feature - large heads
- easy to construct
- limited articulation
- better range of motion and greater pose-ability than most No-Grade kits
- pre-colored, no painting required
- without skeletal frame
- great start for beginner
- top-end series of 1/144 Gunpla line
- extensive detail and articulation
- with skeletal frame
- MG - Master Grade (1/100)
- higher standards than most other models
- longer time to construct
- movable inner frame system, extensive moment
- suitable for more advanced modellers
- PG - Prefect Grade (1/60)
- larger versions models
- superbly detailed for colors and inner frame
- suitable for very advanced modellers
- MSM - Mega Size Model (1/48)
- largest scale Gunpla line
- priced lower than PG as smaller parts count
- detail and articulation same as HG
OMG - Oh My Gundam, the e-World of a new generation.